Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thousand Sons Dreadnought Complete!

Here is a look at what I've been workin' on. I just finished up my Thousand Sons Chaos Dreadnought.

I used the plastic SM Dread kit that I won with via the Super Blog Chain Giveaway from Inquisitor Lord Aki! (Thanks again!)

I am currently running two chaos dreadnoughts in my Thousand Sons themed chaos list. The other one is on deck right now to be worked on so keep an eye out for updates on that project.

I had a blast working on this model. I did some minor conversion work on it, adding in the twin-linked bolter on the CC arm instead of the storm bolter. I really think it gives it a nice "chaosy" look.

I'm not sure on the base. I like how it came out but it still feels like it needs something.

Let me know what you think!


  1. I think the base doesn't do the model justice. It definitely needs some attention.

    I do like the twin linked weapon on his right arm with the staggered barrels though.

    From the Warp

  2. That, sir, is amazing. It's hard to believe that came from a standard SM dread kit. I also love the extreme highlighting - that is something I've never been able to successfully pull off.

  3. hey moros. looks fantastic. i will agree with aki, the highlighting is real nice. i thought you were going to add some runes/hieroglyphics to this thing? are you still scared ? you can practice on your rhinos and then just paint over them.

    i think you should try what Ron suggests, clean up the base a bit and post it again, maybe the runes would just make the model too busy.

  4. Thanks for the comments guys!

    I will put some more work into the base, perhaps some flock and maybe some more rocks will spice it up.

    @ Brother C -

    I was gonna do the runes on the hull, but I agree with you it would look a bit too busy methinks.

  5. The base really just needs paint I reckon.
    Beaut model besides that though!

  6. Looks great! I love the right arm cannons and the skulls/chain on the other. As far as the base goes, I think a rim that matches the terrain color goes a long way to making a better flow with the colors. also, you could always consider some worn/rusted wreckage to break up all the tans. :]