While I was perusing around the net looking up 40k stuff I happened across a few blog sites that had some really cool features that we should start implementing.
The first thing is a modeling point system. Something that will help us work on our models and keep track of what we've done. Basically, as you complete models you earn points. These points give you a score and we can post everyone's score on the blog.
Here is the breakdown -
- Infantry = 1 point
- Cavalry, bikes, or 40mm models = 2 points
- Monster or Dreadnought = 5 points
- Vehicle = 10 points
- Superheavy vehicle = 20 points
- Small Terrain piece (5" or less width) = 2 points
- Large Terrain piece (5" or greater width) = 5 points
- Ruined building or fortification piece (Must also be considered Large Terrain) = 10 points
The second thing I'd really like to see added is a list that is displayed on the blog sidebar that details each member of the club and their Wins, Loses, and Ties. This is not for the purposes of making somebody feel bad, but it is a motivational thing to help us all better ourselves. I also like the idea of knowing my history, cause I won't remember!
Eventually further down the road when we start designing the campaign we can have a tracker for that also.
Let me know what you guys think or if you need me to do anything for it. I think Brother C. will have to get the ball rolling on this stuff since he's the author.